Sunday, August 13, 2006

The first of many

I've been convinced that I need to start my own blog just so I will now have written proof of my emotional outbursts. Has anybody caught the TLC commercial that says Merlot and email don't mix? Its a great life lesson. This could be trouble but here it goes!

Anybody that has had any contact with me in the last couple months has been privy to my rants and raves about my pending internship, and some more so than others :). After an extensive battle for my work Visa, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Mind you, I don't have the visa in my hands as we speak, nor will I have it before I leave the country, but I'm optimistic it will be ready for pick up in Zilina. The waiting game has begun. (As an aside, my trainership is in Zilina, Slovakia working for a ski resort, Velka Raca)

Here's a couple tips that I've learned along the way; make sure you speak with several different sources before going forth with anything, paperwork is KEY, and yes you will pay for it so start saving, bite your tongue even when your better judgement thinks you should spit out a few choice words, and finally as difficult as it may seem, keep your spirits high and know that what doesn't kill ya only makes you stronger. I know the cheeze factor on the last one is pretty high but it's what helps me sleep at night!!

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger kent said...

Bite your tongue, indeed.

Hahaha...good ol' Ludo.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i hope you take some time to write down the things you want to do in europe and take some time for yourself. see what you have accomplished in 4 months. it was all you blanka.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home