Thursday, August 24, 2006

To do lists

I've recently become a major fan of to-do lists, especially after watching Alex actually accomplish everything he had on his list before he left. So in my pledge to stay organized and not forget anything before I leave, I've started writing things down as they pop into my head. Its a really great feeling to cross off things that you've been avoiding to do, such as my visit to the travel health clinic today to get my vaccines. Not only did the visit hurt my arm, but it also hurt my pocket book, as per usual (apparently I'm made of money). The only concellation was that I could now cross that off of my list! However this leads me to another task which requires that I get my shots, but thats a whole other story.

Speaking of lists, I've been known to talk about general things I'd like to do before I die, you know things I can cross off my list. Apart from going to work abroad, there's a lot of things I'd like to experience in the future. There's the general; be happy, get married, have babies kind of stuff (don't worry, not any time soon) but the real exciting things include learning to ski, visiting as many countries as possible, going to the next world cup in South Africa, scuba diving, volunteering for a charity with children, stomping on grapes at a winery, cooking with the Iron chef (highly unlikely) and the list goes on and on.

Interestingly enough, I read an article in the latest Cosmo titled "The Life List you Must Write" by Molly Triffin. It talks about how writing a list of goals you'd like to accomplish can keep you motivated and remind you to live by those goals. The list in the article was created by the mother of a woman who passed away on September 11th. Her daughter had started the list before her death. I liked that her list include simple things like be a good friend, kee secrets, never be ashamed of who I am, and take time for family and friends. I will certainly be adding these to my list and I encourage everyone to make a list, as short or as long as possible of the goals you'd like to accomplish, and include even the things that seems totally impossible, or absurd. Check back on it periodically and add more. Who know's, you might surprise yourself!

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger kent said...

Don't I qualify as an iron chef?

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Abner Gadiel said...

wow dude, your blog really digs deep, i guess i should start stepping things up for my blog, lol...but yes, crossing things off is awesome, hopefully i can be doing a lot of that this week.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger eLdon said...

hmmm... where to start?!?! Thats a good thinker blog post you got there Blanka...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home