Sunday, September 03, 2006

When a Stranger Knocks at Your Door

I just had a really great experience with stranger that just happened to ring my door bell at the right time. I was settling down to write a post about how I went camping this weekend in Sylvan Lake, and what a jolly good time I had, but now all of that seems really irrelevant.

The stranger at my door was a man named Tam, and he was from Israel. He came bearing a load of paintings with him from student artists all over the world that will be featured at an art show in downtown Calgary, in two months time. He wanted just a minute of my time to show me the paintings and tell me about this show. When I told him I wasn't going to be here in two months time, we got to talking about where I'll be going and what I'll be doing. Surprisingly I felt like I could tell this complete stranger my whole life story. He seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say and I was genuinely interested in hearing his story, not just about the paintings but also how he got here and where he was headed in the future. Ironically, his mother and I share the same name. Twenty minutes later and fifteen amazing paintings, with even more amazing stories behind them, we parted ways, probably never to meet again. Nonetheless I'm left with a really exhilarated feeling having met someone so interesting and in such a weird way.

I guess it goes to show that you never know who will come knocking at your door....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home