Monday, September 25, 2006

Finally Time to Go

Well its about 1:30 in the morning on the night before I leave and my new best friend insomnia has decided now is not the time to part with me. I was talking to Alex online who happens to be starting work as I'm sitting up in bed wishing I could sleep, that I don't really know what I'm feeling right now. Nervousness in not the right word for it, luckily I haven't had a bad case of the butterflies all week. Perhaps they will kick in tomorrow when its too late. I guess I just almost feel numb about the whole situation. I can't imagine not being in my bed tomorrow night, or sitting down for dinner in my kitchen, but I also can't imagine what life will be like for the next little while. Being the control freak that I am this should usually send off red flags but again, numb. Maybe I've just come to terms with the whole situation seeing as how I've known it to be coming for a while. So lets focus on the positive, at least I know that in twenty four hours time I will be in a different time zone, exhausted from a sixteen hour trip and likely able to sleep.

Truthfully, I am so excited to go and see what the next year has in store for me. I know it's not gonna be all coming up roses all of the time, but I'm sure the fresh air will bring new buds to light. So I will leave it at that. Hopefully I will be able to post an update of my time in Prague sometime this week. Can't wait to see Alex. Then I'm off to Zilina on Oct. 2.

1 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger kent said...

One of the greatest feelings in the world is knowing that you'll be in a completely different situation in 24 hours.

Cherish it. Embrace it. Savour it.

Thise feeling doesn't come along too often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home