Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Cure for a Bad Mood

Yesterday morning I woke up in a really crabby mood and then it progressively got worse. I opened my blinds only to be confronted with a thick block of fog. Weather tends to play a big part in this equation. Then my bus decides that today is a good day not to show up making me stand outside in the thick fog for another half an hour. I arrive late at work to find both of my bosses there bright and early, something that never happens. After a somewhat productive morning at work, I still can't shake the crabbiness. Then as I was researching ski operators in Europe, I came across Austria, and it reminded me that I am going there on the 16th.

So here comes the cure.... start planning your next trip. I researched everything there was to do and know about Vienna. In particular I was really amused by the Christmas market that will begin the weekend that Alex and I will be there ( http://www.christkindlmarkt.at). The Viennese Christmas market dates back 7 centuries and it looks like it has retained much of its origins. The market is set up in the square in front of the City Hall, around elaborately decorated trees, with different stall featuring delicacies, roasted chestnuts, boiled wine, hand made crafts and jewelery. The Schonbrunn Castle is also decorate and features another market in front.

In short, I am ubber excited for this trip. It looks so charming and I really hope that it lives up to the high expectations that I have developed as a result of all this research. It was definately the cure for my bad mood though because by the end of the day I had perked up a lot. So give it a shot; I realize Vienna is something exceptional but even a trip to Banff for all the Calgarians could work. Come to think of it, I haven't really explored Banff for everything it has to offer (I guess a weekend trip to the bars thinking you're escaping the Calgary crowd, only to find the same people there, doesn't count).

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Muriel said...

Vienna sounds wonderful! I will look forward to reading about your experiences there. Lucky you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home